Wednesday, November 5, 2008

What My Friends Around the World Are Saying To Americans Today

From South Africa - Well done America! I am so proud of you. The world just breathed a huge sigh of relief. Welcome back to the village.

From Canada - Hurrah for going forward! Congratulations to my American friends (the rest of us thank you from the bottom of our hearts).

From Canada - (I) woke up this morning feeling like it was Christmas. Still can't get over the amazing news. Thank you, American voters.

From New Zealand -
(I) was skeptical (I'd) actually see it happen in (my) lifetime, but glad that (I) did.

From Canada, before it was called for Obama -
You gonna pull this off, America? I sure hope so, because like I said, I can't take you all in if you all suddenly decide to move to Canada.

We're still waiting to hear from Germany, France, and Britain. I'm guessing they're still sleeping it off. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are deluding yourself if you think that other countries have America's best interest at heart.

Most would probably delight in American influence being taken down a peg or two and having an inexperienced, untested president is a step in that direction.

1001 Petals said...

Who is this crazy anonymous person? lol

I'm in Canada and I would like to be another voice saying I'm really happy that Barack Obama was voted in. Now to only keep those loonies away from him. . .

As for this "untested" business -- let us not forget that McCain graduated near the bottom of his class, crashed a bunch of planes and then was CAUGHT and a POV for all that time. . .. I don't think he's exactly a winner. What exactly has he proven with THAT experience, lol.

Unknown said...

Sorry, I can't let the comment from 1001 petals go unchallenged.

I suggest some reading:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McCain

You can read up on what his military service was like and I'm not going to dignify the minimization of his time as a POW with a response.

As an FYI, his father and grandfather graduated near the bottom of their classes at the Naval Academy and they went on to be two of the greatest leaders the U.S. Navy has ever seen. But by and large, rising to the rank of Lt. Commander and leader of a Combat Air Group in wartime gives you a fair amount of executive experience.

Aside from that, I particularly like his 25 years of House and Senate experience where he didn't give out a single earmark and authored/cosponsored politically risky but progressive and needed legislation with members of both parties.

Julie said...

In response to BJ...

Now *that's* sexy, right there. WOO HOO, BJ!

(And because Amy knows me so well, she won't kill me for making that comment about the Pod Husband..."