Monday, November 2, 2009

Any Bidders?

We're having another eBay day*.

The kids were up at 3 am crying for no apparent reason. I went in and got C back to sleep, then MG wanted me to snuggle with her, and after I had been in there for an hour (total, between the two of them) I told her it was time for her to go to sleep, then went back to bed.

Just as I drifted off to sleep again, MG was in the hallway, crying and "scared." I told BJ that he needed to deal with her, because I was about to strangle her lose my cool.

The hardest part of parenting, for me, is the lack of sleep and the interrupted sleep and the energetic kids bouncing me out of bed at 7 am and the kids in my bed pinning me in whatever position they found me in so that I wake up stiff and sore and oh for the love of GOD will you two little cretins just let me SLEEP already?????

Ahem.

Needless to say, today has been a horrible day - they're both fussy from missing about an hour of sleep, and I have no patience because I'm tired and I have a headache.

We skipped a tea party this morning because they're stuffy - there were going to be babies at the tea party and I didn't want to get the babies sick.

All I can say is, thank God for Allison. She's already been exposed to whatever random cold we're incubating, and she'll be here in about 5 minutes.

Is it bad form if I cackle, "SUCKER!" and run when she pulls up?



* eBay Day - (n) - the sort of day where I'm writing the ad copy and looking for pictures to sell them on eBay.

No comments: