Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Doomed Diet Day 3 - I Hit The Wall

I started posting desperate things on Facebook around 3 pm, after a cranky hour of yelling and hating life.

We have reached the point of the diet where I usually say, "Fork it," and dive, face first, into a cheesecake.

I had popcorn (cooked with 2 T oil on the stove, with salt and I Can't Believe It's Not Butter) and a banana (an hour later) instead. Then I made dinner (turkey meatloaf and baked potatoes) so it'll be (nearly) done when we get home from gymnastics. No excuse for pizza.

It's times like these when I wish I were a little better at the whole religion thing, because it would be nice to be able to ask God for strength. But it's just me. Me and a house full of food, two kids who are driving me nuts, and a cold rainy day that really can only be saved with the liberal application of homemade cookies.

God wants me to eat cookies.

Let's distract ourselves with babies, shall we?

We got new hats and gloves for winter, since I couldn't find anything that matched anything else.

Mary Grace picked hers out. The beret is probably not the most practical choice, but one must admit that it is most fashionable.

Ok, blog, thank you for distracting me long enough that I didn't go on a total binge. It's time to leave.

(I know it's boring to read about what someone else did and didn't eat. I'll try to rope it in...)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you tried hypnosis? That might make it a little easier for you to deal with the food cravings and temptations until eating differently becomes more of a habit.

Amy said...

Anon - I have not tried hypnosis, but I have strongly considered doing the ear laser thing. My brother, my mom's best friend, my sister, and my brother in law all used this one laser place to quit smoking, and weight loss is under their "additional services." I contacted them and said, "Look, I know a bunch of people who've used you for quitting smoking and have done great, but I already quit smoking. Do you have any references for people who have lost weight after your treatment? What's the average cost?" and THEY WON'T GET BACK TO ME! Presumably because they're too busy not eating and not smoking (???). So, if anyone works at Laser Concepts of Northwest Indiana, or has an "in" with them, tell them to freakin' return my e-mail!

Kathryn said...

It's not just you, a house full of food and two kids. Even if you're not "better at the whole religion thing" God is still there. He's faithful, He's available, He's willing and He's strong. So go ahead and ask Him to share His strength - He's waiting!! Oh, and p.s. It's not God wanting you to eat the cookies, it's Satan and he not only wants you to eat the cookies, he wants to keep you away from God.

Anonymous said...

Hm. I hadn't heard of "ear laser" -- sounds interesting.

I have a relative (who was a young mother at the time) who got weight-loss help from her doctor. She never specified what the medical intervention was; I don't think she had a surgical procedure. I suspect her doctor prescribed some type of medication. She lost 80 pounds in a year and has kept it off for several years now.

Then I once worked with an older woman who met with a nutritionist on a regular basis. She was on a program to lose exactly one pound every week. And it worked. She lost 150 pounds, and it took her three years to do it.

My hunch is that you need more weapons in your arsenal, Amy. I hope you find something that works for you.