I have worked very hard at not making Pretty Babies into a diet blog, which is hard, because I'm thinking about food approximately 83% of the time right now (the other 17% of the time, I'm asleep and not dreaming about food). I spend a lot of time thinking about what I'm going to eat next, and planning ahead so I don't just grab something easy, and thinking about what I wish I could eat - if I still ate whatever instead of counting calories like Scrooge counts pennies... I've actually thought about spinning off a diet blog, because it would be nice to be able to write about it, but I neglect my kids badly enough already...
Anyway, I've resisted as long as possible, but I have to talk about it right now, so if you don't want to read it, go with God... but come back tomorrow.
Ok, so are we all ready to talk about the most boring topic on the planet? Dieting? Good.
I am really frustrated. I got down to Starting Weight -25, right before Christmas. (This is NOT The Biggest Loser and the SW is extremely classified).
I was honestly as good as possible under the circumstances throughout the holidays. I mean, there isn't much you can do when you're traveling or visiting people in their homes without being a total pain in the butt. I did as well as I could with the parties and the appetizers. I am not blowing smoke or deluding myself or being dishonest here - I was really good. Not great, but really good. I had dessert a couple times, but the servings were small. I didn't pig out on cookies or candy at all. I tried to eat lots of fruit and veg and not a lot of fattening, high calorie stuff. I didn't even drink much.
Since SW-25 I have gained 10 pounds. I've been stuck at SW-15 for over a week. SW-25 happened on 12/21. I don't know if the (digital) scale was screwy that day or what, but this is so aggravating.
This, in spite of the fact that I've started using fake sugar (Ideal brand - it doesn't actually taste like sugar, but it's close, and less offensive than Sweet N Low) in my tea; in spite of the fact that I've started Phase 3 (exercise) this week; in spite of the fact that I have been under my daily calorie allotment (which is set at "lose 1.5 pounds per week") for a week (and far, far more often than not over the last 6 or 8 weeks - however long I've been torturing myself).
Can anyone help a girl out here? What is going on? It's so hard to behave when I'm not seeing the results anymore. I'm not homicidal like I was after that first week, but I'm pretty despondent, here. Any suggestions you have for getting back on track are most welcome. Encouragement is welcome, too. I need all the help I can get right now.
(photo: Wikimedia Commons)