Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Allrecipes.com

AllRecipes just cracks me up. People are so funny. I'm looking at recipes for pumpkin cookies, and the reviews are hilarious:

"I added 1 cup of pumpkin puree. Blah blah blah. The dough was WAY too sticky!"

Well, duh! What did you expect??

I want to find a recipe for something like Beef Stroganoff, and post a review like this:

"I substituted raisins for the beef, used gluten free rice flour noodles instead of egg noodles, used flour and water instead of full fat sour cream and Pepsi for the half and half. I didn't like the flavor, I think it needed more salt and pepper. I don't think I'll make it again."

just to see if I can get someone to say, "Honey, you didn't make it in the first place!"

We got the kitchen put back together, somewhat. Jim and Karen came back to finish it up and put the fixture up. Let there be light! There are a couple of new holes in the walls, but that'll be ok. I told my mom that this is sort of our practice house. We're going to figure out what we're doing, and make all our mistakes here, so that when we buy our "real" house we'll know what we're doing.

We're looking forward to Spooky Halloween tomorrow. I'm going to make pumpkin pancakes for breakfast. Then I think the kids and I will continue the theme and make pumpkin cookies tomorrow afternoon (because you know there won't be enough sugar in the house just with trick or treating). Holidays are all about the food for me. Be sure to check back for pictures of super cute Halloween costumes!

No comments: