Monday, October 29, 2007

A better day

Thank you so much for all your sweet e-mails and stuff. I'm doing better. It was just "one of those days." One of those "Mama said there'd be" days.

My MIL came down today to watch both kids while I went to the office. It was really spectacular to have a break. I got my last piece of new furniture put together, and unpacked about a dozen boxes. BJ said that we might actually have to start doing real work again if I finish setting up the office. Uh oh, I hadn't thought of that!

And both kids were in super moods when I got home - the kind of moods where it's actually a lot of fun to be home with them. No colds, no teeth, no hysterics - just fun, giggly, happy kids. Jim and Karen and their boys came over to help with Kitchenfest 2007 again, so the kids played and the Mommies ate burnt cookies, and the Daddies put more holes in the walls, and it was much fun. I'm glad I decided to re-paint the kitchen *before* all the holes got put in the walls, or I would've been a bit freaked (I don't have any more of this paint).

I am so lucky to have friends and family who will come over and put holes in the walls (or walls in the walls, even!), and who will call me and cheer me up when I'm down, and who will come watch the kids for eight solid hours so that I can finally, finally get something done.

I don't tell you often enough how much I appreciate you. Thanks.

No comments: