Thursday, October 18, 2007

I do not want to make any part of you larger...

I was just alerted to the fact that there's a malicious something or another out there, interacting with Internet Explorer 6, which will take my benign little mommy ads (see them over there? I LOVE it when you click on them! Your clicks will send my kids to college!) and turn them into ads for Very Inappropriate Things.

I am unaware of the content of the Very Inappropriate Things, but I imagine that it's the usual stuff you get spam for.

Rest assured that I like you just the way you are, and that no part of you should be larger than it is at this time. I do not want you to take drugs from Mexico that have punctuation in their names, nor do I think that you should enter into any business dealings with anyone from Nigeria. You have not won any lottery, African or European. I do not want you to refinance your debt, nor am I going to give you a gift card for any of your favorite stores or restaurants. None of these things are a good idea, and I do not sanction, endorse, advocate, affirm, recommend, authenticate, or warrant any of them, under any circumstances.

If you're seeing Very Inappropriate Ads, please upgrade your browser (or just dump Internet Explorer and get Firefox, which is vastly superior and a lot less prone to mischief).

Thanks, Jeana, for the heads up!

No comments: