Thursday, February 5, 2009

Shhh! Mommy's Reading

Jennifer at Playgroups are No Place for Children kindly sent me the first book in the Twilight series, and now I'm on the fourth. This could explain several things - 1) why my house is a mess, 2) why I haven't posted, 3) why I have 302 items in my feed reader to read and 10 e-mails to reply to, 4) why I have a headache.

Reading 2000 pages in less than a week will do that to you.

But reading is distracting me from the other thing I want to do, which you know about if you need to, and you don't need to know about if you don't (or if you're one of my kids reading this in the distant future)... so it's good.

I need to get the kids dressed, though, and take them to MG's new language study at the University. I forgot about it last week. I was reading. Whoops. I think missing appointments due to reading is indicative of a problem, don't you?

The good news is that I'm in the last part of the last book, so things should return to normal around here very shortly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"things should return to normal.." just remember that Normal is just a town in Illinois or a setting on the washer!!
Love,
Dad

Anonymous said...

Did you enjoy the Twilight books?