- The girlies and I went to the state fair today with Bumpa and Gramma Susan. We ate lots of fried things. It was hot, then it rained and we were cool for about 11 seconds, then the sun came out again and I was literally steaming while waiting in line for a lemonade.
- When you put "literally" in italics, it means that you actually mean literally. People abuse that word.
- Ditto for "actually."
- Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the guy I found on Craigslist (did I even tell you this story? How I've wanted to repaint my living room for SIX AND A HALF YEARS but we never have the time and we suck at drywall and the nails were coming out of the wall, so I decided to hire someone to do it for us, and I found someone on Craigslist and was pretty sure he was a serial killer until he showed up and he was really cute and professional and friendly and did I mention cute and about 20 years old? And I arranged for my dad come over and my neighbor come check on me to make sure he didn't stab me, but it turns out that of the two of us, I was actually the creepier person in the transaction, and yet he's painting a significant percentage of our house for $400? Yeah. So if you're local and you need painting, I've got your hook up) was painting my house in Sherwin Williams' "Silvermist" - which BJ hates.
- I always get a lot of hits when I mention Sherwin Williams' Silvermist. I don't understand why.
- It could be because dorks like me would rather Google paint colors than actually paint.
- Yes, I'll post pictures when it's done.
- Yes, if BJ hates it, he is welcome to re-paint.
- By himself.
- If he had his way, everything would be white.
- That came out wrong. He's not racist, he just likes his paint to lack tint.
- ANYWAY, I had a migraine this morning, and I had deja vu about seventeen times today, which now has me wondering if migraines and deja vu are somehow related, and so I have to Google that.
- I kind of feel like I already have.
- I'm really excited because I just found two really old friends from College 1.0 on Facebook - one of whom might as well be named "John Smith" so it was lucky that I found him through the first guy.
- It's the guy I wrote the dirty limericks with in my Endangered Languages class.
- Did you enter my contest? I'm going to get around to drawing a winner eventually.
- I kind of feel like I already have.
- The girls were SUPER good at the fair. I didn't lose anyone. Not even a little. It wasn't crowded at all, either, which was really nice.
- It took many hours to catch up on all my social media today.
- It wasn't worth it. Bloggers? You were totally boring today.
- Except Cate, go read Cate's post about how she's changing the world, one cabinet member at a time.
- OH! And except for the Olive Garden in Michigan City, Indiana which treated a woman like crap for breastfeeding. They are now on My List.
- There is no getting off of my list.
- Just ask US Airways.
- The Olive Garden, and I say this as a former employee, needs to stop pretending that it's a nice restaurant, and by nice I mean "snooty." Seriously, Olive Garden, you're Applebee's without the shit on the walls. Get over yourself.
- Actually, there is shit on the walls, but it's Italian shit instead of "Americana" shit. Big diff.
- Italian != classy.
- That sounds racist, too. But I swear I'm not. I just like my pasta without pretension.
- Italians are every bit as capable of being classy as everyone else, but they're not automatically classier just because they happen to be Italian.
- And besides that, a woman should feel as free to breastfeed in a classy restaurant as she does at Applebee's. After all, it's a right protected by law in the state of Indiana.
- Trust me, I checked.
- Really, we should all be eating at home, haven't you heard there's a recession on?
- And that fair food will screw up your digestion, and give you insomnia. Trust me.
- I kind of feel like you already did.
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Don't you hate those random, disjointed posts full of bullet points? Yeah, me too.
Posted by Unknown at 12:06 AM