Thursday, January 31, 2008

Thursday - cancer, snow, laryngitis, and colds

I have excellent news to report. Susan, AKA Whymommy, my friend in the computer who has been battling Inflammatory Breast Cancer for the last year, had a double mastectomy recently, and the pathology report showed that they got all the cancer out of her! Read all about it here.

We're getting ready for a snowstorm here. We're supposed to get 6 inches by tomorrow. So, it's probably a good thing that Jenny called me yesterday to cancel our playdate. I thought she was an obscene caller at first, because she has laryngitis. We decided it would be a bad idea to swap germs, and postponed. It's that time of year.

Grandma Denna asked if this cold meant I'd lost faith in Vicks Early Defense. Not at all! The reason we have this cold is because I forgot to use the Early Defense when we went to the mall playplace last Friday. OOPS! You can bet I won't make that mistake again.

You'll notice that I'm not at all complaining about having colds. I'd feel really stupid complaining about stuffy noses after talking about breast cancer. Although, to be honest, I could do without Claire wiping her nose on me. I have all these shiny snail trails on my shirt. Maybe I need to staple Kleenex to my shoulders... That would be a good look.

Hope you're warm, dry, and healthy where you are!

No comments: