Thursday, January 3, 2008

Wake up call

I woke up this morning to Mary Grace prying my eyelids open with her fingers. "You can get up, Mommy."

I am not a morning person. It's even worse that I haven't slept through the night in three years. BJ is wonderful about letting me sleep in, but I find myself yawning through the day. I can have one cup of coffee per day without it affecting Claire, so I do, and I try to live through it. I mean, they have to start sleeping through eventually right? Right?

Ugh, I can barely keep my eyes open. I have to go to the office, too. Yuck. Thank God, Allison will be back next week, so we can resume our usual routine. I have been neglecting my work duties pretty severely.

But it's hard to think about work when all I want to do is go upstairs and take a nap. Unfortunately, I didn't get the kids to nap simultaneously today, so there will be no nap for the Mommy.

Sleep is one of those things that, in a perfect world, one would be able to do on credit. If I could've saved sleep before I was a parent against these sleep deprived days, I'd be in much better shape. One should also be able to lose weight on credit. I'd have a lot easier time eating tiny portions of fat free salad and stuff if I were already a size 6.

Ok, no more stalling, time to make the donuts. It's going to take me half an hour to get everyone bundled up and ready to go, and if I wait much longer I'm going to start saying, "Oh, it's too late to go today, I'll just do it tomorrow," (which is what I've been saying for a good week, now.)

Someone take a nap for me, okay?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I've been part bear lately, too; wanting to hibernate and all that. Nobody else in my house is feeling that particular pull of nature, though!
Just stopped by to say Happy '08 to everybody! I've enjoyed your blog since around May or so and look forward to reading more!

Jan from Unique Baby Gear, Room Themes and Baby Nursery Photo Contests