Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April FAIL

*sigh*

I stayed up for an hour working on BJ's April Fool's joke, and he totally didn't get it.

You see, he eats Cheerios for breakfast every morning. So, I was going to put them on a string. It's funny, not gross, not destructive... It seemed like the perfect April Fool. Plus, we had plenty of Cheerios in the house (we buy them in bulk) so I wasn't ruining his breakfast.

I thought dental floss would be more hygienic. It turned out that there was exactly one bowl's worth of Cheerios left in the box. WIN!


I measured out five arm's lengths of dental floss (mint flavored) and started stringing.

About half an hour into the project I realized that it involved more of a time commitment than I had originally assumed. Oh well, too late to turn back now!

The finished product, slightly blurry.

Get this. He thought it was an art project for the kids!! So rather than pouring himself a Cheerio necklace and saying, "Haha, April Fools, Amy!" to my sleeping self, he just got out a new box of Cheerios and left the necklace in the box.

Fail.

Oh well, I still have 14 hours to think of something else... Hee...

Although I'll probably spend a good portion of that at the BMV, my license expires in two weeks. Happy birthday, you get to hang out in line for hours. Actually, it's not as bad as it used to be, but I don't want my picture taken. Oh well.

6 comments:

Mimi said...

That's too bad! I like that joke. Did he at least pour them into a bowl??

I told my students today that I no longer wanted to be their teacher, so tomorrow Mr. Grubb would be their teacher and I would be the principal. You should have seen their faces until someone called April Fool on me! It was hilarious!!

Kathryn said...

I think you can renew your license on line. NOT April Fools.

Karen said...

i laughed!

strwberrryjoy said...

This was funny! Just what a I needed!

adymommy said...

I think your April Fools was funny.

Anonymous said...

I think BJ's a rocket scientist - he did just what I'd expect