Monday, April 27, 2009

Modest Improvement

Claire is still sick, but is well enough to be refusing her nap and driving me insane, so I guess that's something.

Dad is being released from the hospital. His stress test was great. I even talked him into staying with us for a few days so I can keep an eye on him. I told him we'd get something "heart-healthy" for dinner... Like pizza.

Maybe we'll get Chinese food. I hear Chinese people have excellently healthy hearts.

I called Bayer Pharmaceuticals to complain about the lack of information regarding normal vs. abnormal post-Mirena recovery. They basically said, "Yeah, we haven't really studied that," and I said, "Well, that's sort of negligent, don't you think?" so they took my name and my doctor's name and they're going to do... research or something, I don't know, but I feel better having complained.

I think I'm going to go to the health food store and get some Red Raspberry Leaf extract or tea. It helped cause Braxton-Hicks contractions when I was pregnant (to "tone" the uterus in preparation for birth), maybe it would help soothe my current symptoms?? Vitamin E made it worse. Iron had no effect. I'm on my own here. The manufacturer of the Mirena doesn't even know what I should do. We'll call it Pioneering Research, which will Certainly Help Millions of Women at Some Undertermined Future Point. Yeah.

I need a drink. It's 5:00 somewhere, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what's wrong with you, but if it's unusually severe menstrual cramps since you had the IUD removed, maybe you really do need to take more Ibuprofen. I take them four at a time these days. And, yes, that means I take a total of eight within the span of two hours if the first four didn't do anything. (Remember not to mix alcohol with your drugs.) If you had the IUD for two years, you shouldn't expect to get over the side effects of the removal in only a week's time. Feel better!

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about getting mine removed only because I don't like how I have felt for the 2 years I have had it. Now I am not so sure I want to deal with the removal pain. I hope you feel better soon.

:) Mandy