Thursday, July 19, 2007

Here We Go Again!

First of all, here's the picture that should have accompanied yesterday's post about Time Out:



She got that one for spitting half-chewed string cheese out all over the place. Ugh. However, she did it without screaming, and even said, "I made a big mess. I'm sorry," as she sat down. WOW! She really does "get it." I mean, how many not-even-two year olds apologize??? Seriously.

True confessions time - the only career I've ever thought, "Wow, I would really enjoy that!" about is being an advice columnist. I want to be Dear Amy. Wouldn't that be a hoot? The thing is, do I have to wait until my kids are grown and they've turned out ok before I can be an "expert," or can I just call myself one now, and when my kids both end up in prison, you can all point and laugh and be glad that you never listened to me to begin with?

So, speaking of not listening to me, BJ and I have lost our minds again and are taking a road trip to Washington DC next week with both kids. It's about a 10 hour drive from here. I feel confident in telling you this because Max is staying home, and we'll have a house sitter here to take care of her, so it's not like any thieves are going to say, "Woo hoo! Now's our chance!!" We're taking all the cool stuff with us, anyway...

BJ has a conference out there, so we're allowing about 30 hours to get there, just in case. We're planning to leave after dinner on Tuesday and drive most of the night (all night, if we can, after all, we're used to not sleeping, anyway!). Then we're planning on visiting some friends and seeing some sights, as long as we're out there, before we come home.

The longest road trip we've ever taken with MG was about 2-1/2 hours. That was during the day. Hopefully between Nosrus Tap and a couple of Charlie and Lolas on DVD, and the fact that it's night time and she should be sleeping, anyway, we'll manage. It's funny, I'm not worried at all about Claire. Now watch, Mary Grace will be an angel, and we'll wonder who replaced Our Claire with a Screaming Mimi.

If I'm uncharacteristically quiet over the next few days, you'll now know why. I'm either getting ready for the trip, or I'm gone.

The other big news (now that she's had a chance to tell everyone herself):

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK I give up! What is that THING on the tile in front of MG??? You DO NOT want to know my first thought!!
Love, Dad

Amy said...

Hahaha! It's a piece of one of Max's rawhide bones. :)

Love,
Amy

Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Love,
Megan