Thursday, July 5, 2007

This week

Well, operation "get outta dodge" was a success, and neither Max nor MG had any firecracker induced trauma.

Here's a picture I took at the zoo on Tuesday, when we stopped for a root beer. It was the only moment when I didn't have my hands completely full. Thank God (and my Mom!!) for the double stroller. If I'm holding Claire, I can push MG and our junk. If I'm holding MG, I can push Claire and our junk. If I'm holding our junk, I can push both girls.

If God were a woman, mothers would not just grow beautiful hair and perfect fingernails during pregnancy - we would also grow 6 extra arms, like an octopus, and a pouch like a kangaroo. We would have the strength of a bear (so that carrying two heavy babies all through the zoo wouldn't make us feel like we'd been hit by a bus) and the speed of a cheetah (to stop them before they put something nasty that they found on the ground in their mouths).

Really, when you look at all the other animals, it's clear that there are some serious design flaws in humans. Big heads, for one thing. But I only say that because I've given birth. Twice. Without drugs.

Anyway... So that was Tuesday and we survived the zoo. Then yesterday we hid out at the farm, away from the noise. It was a nice, relaxing, lazy day. I even got some of my book read (Second Glance by Jodi Picoult - I'm working my way through all of her novels after My Sister's Keeper just blew me away).

Tomorrow we're headed to Grammaland to see Uncle Steve and his family, visiting from China. Their baby was born the same day as Claire, so it will be interesting to talk to Ting Ting, his wife (I think that's how that's spelled, I guess I'll find out!!). BJ's been working late these days, so I'm trying to keep everyone busy and distracted. We'll see how that goes.

Hope everyone had a happy and safe Fourth!

No comments: