Wednesday, June 13, 2007

And she's so modest!

The technicians are here installing our new central air unit (YAY!!!!). When they came in the house, MG informed them, "I've got pretty hair!"

Yesterday, she told my mom, "Much I love you."

And when we went to Panera for a snack, she informed the cashier, "Grandma's got money!"

Smart kid, and so modest!!! Hahaha...

I wish I could bottle her self-esteem and save it for when she's 14 and she hates everything about herself. I thought I was the ugliest creature on earth when I was 13, 14, 15... and looking back, I was pretty cute! I wish I looked like that now (especially post-bad-haircut!). Anyway, it would be really nice if I could put this confidence of hers in a box and save it for her. I wonder if there's any way that she can keep it, in spite of the media, etc. always wanting everyone to look like Paris Hilton and Nicole Ritchie and other vapid, twiggy blondes.

I hope that this trend goes away before my girls are teenagers, but I'm not going to hold my breath. For now, I'm just going to say, "you sure do!" when she says she's pretty, and hope that she'll keep believing it.

No comments: