Thursday, June 7, 2007

Playing Hookey with a Hickey

So, we had a very long drive to the City at the Upper Right yesterday, and we saw Auntie Barbara and successfully dropped off the parts and were generally grateful that we didn't have to drive all the way to That City Way Far Away In Another State (the parts' final destination, but the company is going to take them the rest of the way there, thank God - for a while yesterday I thought I was going to have to try to take two small babies on a 12 hour road trip, and that just seemed like a Very Bad Plan). Props to Grandma Denna for being willing to drop everything and brave the open road with the babies!

I called a courier and asked if they could take the parts (they're too heavy expensive to ship, and we're in big trouble if they get lost) and the guy said, "Oh, we don't do that." I should've asked, "What kind of courier doesn't coury?" but I didn't. Did you know that the word "courier" means "to run" in French? Now you do...

The girls were very good, slept almost the whole way. We had a great time with Auntie Barbara and we saw some geese and ducks and one cute baby duck.

I was trying to entertain MG at one point and I stuck a toy with a suction cup to my forehead. Well, she wanted it back NOW and pulled instead of breaking the suction and then pulling, and now I have a giant purple hickey the size of a quarter on my forehead. No, I'm not kidding. No, I'm not posting a picture. I thought Auntie Barbara was going to wet her pants laughing. It's a good thing she hasn't had babies yet, or she probably would have.

Last night we got home at midnight, and MG was up at 2ish, 4:30, 5:30, and 6:30. C, on the other hand, slept 6 hours straight - something MG has done maybe a dozen times in her life - and woke up at 3. Yeah, Mommy's tired. We canceled the babysitter today. I didn't want a repeat of Tuesday. She was just so cranky when she woke up, I didn't want to inflict her on anyone else. Besides, I'm pretty tired, too. It's a bad idea to do accounting of any kind when you're this tired. I'm just going to try to shovel out the house today. That's my project du jour (I am tres francaise). How exactly can four people, two of whom are quite small, create so much laundry?

I wish I could figure out what's wrong with MG. She just hasn't been herself lately. I'd check to see if she's teething, but that's a good way to lose a finger. She's been afraid of everything (mostly loud noises), clingy, whiny, sleeping *terribly*, wanting to nurse all the time. I just don't know what to do with her. Is this just normal toddler stuff? I'm thinking of taking her to the doctor for a check up, just in case. I'd feel terrible if I thought she was being a brat, and it turned out that she had an ear infection or a raging case of tummy crummies. Any thoughts? It's a little late in the game for her to be having baby adjustment issues, isn't it? Although, C has been a lot more interesting lately, and we've been spending more time interacting with her (because she's awake for a change), so maybe that's what's bothering MG. I just don't know.



Clearly she is a troubled child. (This was back in April at Mom's building... We went to a tea with Grandma Susan).

Oh, and remember how I was concerned that C was constipated? Yeah, file that under "be careful what you wish for." Speaking of which, I need to go do laundry.

But lest you think it's all gloom and doom, MG has started saying a new Darndest Thing. Whenever I play one of my CDs in the car, now (read: Anything that isn't Nosrus Tap) she says, "I don't like this one! I don't like this one!!" *sigh*

2 comments:

Melania said...

When I was a baby, my dad and his buddy were taking turns wearing the suction cup toy on their foreheads to keep me amused. The bruises didn't turn up till the next day, and they couldn't figure out where they'd come from. Both guys walked into work with these weird marks on their faces, looked at each other and said, "oooooh, yeah, the suction cup toy!"

Anonymous said...

hahahaha I totally forgot about that hickey from the suction cup! I was crying laughing all over again reading this! Hahahahaha XOXO B