Friday, June 8, 2007

Oh my...

I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to eat chicken again... Poor little baby chicks, just hatched, on conveyor belts and being bounced around like objects.

Things with babies affect me a lot more than they used to. I get all choked up at the Dairy, because after the baby cows are born they only get one hour with their mommies, and then they're separated forever. The boys are sold to become veal (ugh!) and the girls grow up to be milk cows themselves. You should see the mama cows with their babies, they're so sweet. They clean them off with their tongues, and encourage them to walk... It's almost more than I can deal with. Poor cows.

I tried being a vegetarian for a while, but my hair started to fall out in huge clumps. Wonder if I could talk BJ into trying it again. Probably not, with a whole freezer full of beef in the garage.

No comments: