Saturday, October 25, 2008

Deep Thoughts

Do you ever feel like you're not the main character in your own story, or is it just me?

These are the things that I stay up late to think about when I've abruptly gone off of my Zoloft without being under my doctor's supervision*. Bad Amy! Bad! No cookie!!

One would think that after the half-dozen times (give or take) that I've done this to myself, I'd freakin' know better.

In other news, I went and saw this guy tonight:

with Karen and Tammy, on Barb's recommendation. Barb was right, I really liked his show. I'm not too sure that Karen and Tammy did, but Karen's pregnant and she got to eat deep fried pickles**, so it couldn't have been too bad.

This is a lot more representative of his style:

...and here's an extremely brief video of him singing (elsewhere) with a girl I know:

...and now that I look at it, I think that the same girl, Tinea, might've been there tonight singing "Satellite" with him... But although her voice sounded familiar, she was on the other side of the room so I didn't get a good look or a chance to see if it was here - Barbara Dahling, can you confirm or deny?

I need to keep doing stuff like this, stuff that reminds me of who I was and what I was like B.C.*** Because seriously, sometimes I feel like I'm losing myself.

Keep an eye on me, ok?

* See, I went up to Grammaland the weekend before the wedding, and I forgot my prescription, so I didn't take it Saturday, then totally forgot to take it Sunday and Monday, and by then I was like, "Well, I'm fine, who needs it?" and I rode the wedding wave up through Monday of this week, but now things are starting to slow back down to a normal pace, and I think I'm off my nut again. Damnit. So, do I ride it out and figure that I'll be better in a couple weeks (this too shall pass?) or do I go back on it so I don't get worse?

**You heard me.

***Before Children.


Anonymous said...

Go back on the Zoloft!!! You should not stop cold turkey, turkey! It needs to be tapered down just as it was tapered up.
Dad RN

Have the T-shirt said...

I think you should go back on it, I imagine you'll only feel worse and worse.

I agree you do have to take time for yourself, it helps you be a better mommy when you take time to enjoy non-mommy pursuits.

Heather said...

AMY! Zoloft! Now!!

You're off your nut or you wouldn't even be asking that question, therefore I am shouting to make sure the response sinks in.

Now! Go! Pop the freakin' pill!

Anonymous said...

Google "Zoloft" and "half life." Then Google "Zoloft" and "withdrawal."

Barbara said...

I agree with Pops on this one. You shouldn't be stopping cold turkey.

I am glad you enjoyed the show my dear. I think he is awesome, I just love his live performances. I don't think it was Tinea singing with him though. I will double check with her though. Love you!