Thursday, March 20, 2008

Did you sell Claire?

So, with all the spots on MG lately, I haven't said a whole lot about Claire. Claire is hilarious. She is the size of your average 8 month old, but she's doing 1 year old things - like pushing things and walking behind them - and it is so bizarre to see such a little baby doing that! She is cruising like a champ, and will get the memo any minute now that she can let go and walk on her own.

And then I am hosed.

She loves to take a bath. I guess it's because she's a Pisces. I think she would happily stay in the bath 24 hours a day if we would let her. When we run the faucet to fill the tub, she'll stand at the side and very deliberately throw the toys in. She picks one up, throws it in, watches it carefully until it stops moving, then bends down, gets another one, repeat. It's really funny to watch. I will have to get it on video for you.

Her other cute new trick is that if you're holding her and you say, "Awwwww..." she'll put her head down on your shoulder and pat you.

Baby hugs are the best.

Remember the old Cosby bit with the go-kart songs? Nah nah nah nah nah nah naaaaaahhh... (listen at about 1:10 if you don't know what I mean). Well, my parents would say that when we were riding our big wheels, etc. long before we had any idea what they were talking about. So, of course, when Claire is pushing her toys around and walking, or crawling up the stairs, I've been singing, "Nah nah nah nah nah nah naaaaaaahhh..." to her. And now when she goes up the stairs, she says, "Nah nah nah!" It's hilarious.

I'll have to get that on video, too.

1 comment:

Rob Monroe said...

I'm very much looking forward to baby hugs. Luckily, though, we're also only at crawling and occassional pullin-up. Walking is a bit away.....right?!