Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Two Under Two: I need YOU!

I've mentioned this to some of you, but here is the official announcement:

I am writing a book about having two kids under two.

I have 9 pages of outline, which should be at least 100 pages when I flesh it out and tell all the stories I want to tell along with the bare bones of the outline. I already have 14 pages of actual text written.

This is the farthest I have ever gotten into anything I've written on my own (without a professor and a due date looming).

So, Karen, Jenny M., Jenny B, ChicMama, Katy, and Abrar - you're already getting copies of the outline via e-mail. I want you to turn on the tracking in your copy of word (tools -> track changes or Ctrl+shift+e) and fill in the blanks. Put in things you think I'm missing, personal anecdotes, stories, examples, hints, tips, suggestions, product recommendations, etc. etc. etc. If anyone else wants to take a whack at my outline, email me at prbabies@gmail.com (this means you, Abrar, because I don't have your e-mail address!!) and I will send it to you, too. The more the merrier!!

I've gotten such an overwhelming response to the Two Under Two posts. I really think that I'm being led to write this book.

I'll keep you posted!

4 comments:

Jen said...

As the Guinness guys would say, "Brilliant!" Of course my mad-libs additions would probably include some gruesome details, especially since there's been such an excess of guresome details at my job lately...
love you,
Jen

Cagey (Kelli Oliver George) said...

Just discovered you via Slackermama. Cannot wait to read the rest of the 2 Under 2 posts as I am a member of the club as well.

Hey, the killer biceps I am not sporting are worth it!

Tootsie said...

I am soooo exicted to have found your blog. I have a 13 months old and will be having my second in August. I love the tips!

Anonymous said...

I discovered your blog off of one of the BlogHer list things, and it happened to be your "How To Say I Still Love You" post.

I am pregnant with my second child, and my first will be almost exactly two when the new baby comes. Your post was exactly what I needed to read. So, I bookmarked it, and I've read it several times.

I would read the book you describe over and over probably. I think it's a great idea!