Friday, March 28, 2008

Breaking News!!!

(deet dee deet deet dee deet...)
Come to Mommy...

The new Sonic opens Monday! The new Sonic opens Monday!

Not that, you know, I'm going to be lining up in the drive-thru the moment they open to get my blue slushy coconut thingie, mind you, I'm just saying.

We got lunch at the Mickey D's on the way to the office, today. I figured it would keep the kids occupied while I did my thing, because BJ was out at the lab and not there to help. They were terrific, and I got everything done that I needed to. Then we ran out to the lab to deliver a check, and by the time we got there, the kids were asleep. So, I drove across town and parked in the parking lot of our next destination while they napped. I checked my e-mail and listened to a couple of podcasts and relaxed, which was really, really nice.

I took them to the new "Cookie Cutters" hair place today. We had a little drama:

I can't drive 55!!!

Put another buck in the therapy jar.

It's owned by the same person who owns the ice cream shop over there, too, so when you get a hair cut (which you should only do if you have a coupon, because it costs the earth, and I have a couple if you need them, so call me) you can take your coupon over and get a free kid's ice cream. Mary Grace orders food by color, so she wanted blue, which was cotton candy (disgusting) with M&Ms in it. Claire got pink with M&Ms and ate two bites. Mommy, on the other hand, got cheesecake ice cream with cherry pie filling and graham cracker crumbs. Mmmmmm...

So, Chuck E. Cheese's is right there, and we had to walk past it twice, so we had no choice but to stop and play some SkeeBall and stuff...

After that we went to Big Lots (I'm not sure why, but I felt called to Big Lots. I didn't find anything fabulous, though). Then we went to the take & bake pizza place, grabbed pizza, and came home. BJ's cutting it right now. Mmmmm...

So, all in all, it was a high calorie day, but it was fun, and MG's hair looks totally cute now. More Shirley Temple, less Richard Simmons. Claire's bangs are out of her eyes, too, which I'm sure she appreciates. I'll tell you what, though, it's a good thing I had a coupon, because if I had spent $20 on the 12 snips that they did on Claire's hair, I would've been ticked.

Although, they did about $50 worth of screaming, each, so it was a bargain.

2 comments:

Rob Monroe said...

Blue is cotton candy? Gross. Pink should be cotton candy, blue should be blue raspberry.

Not that raspberry and M&M's is any better!

On another note, I wish that we had a Sonic near us. Luckilyl I haev re-discovered the Orange Julius at the outlet mall near our house.

Anonymous said...

That video is hysterical!! I loved it! Keep them coming.