Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The ExpHAIRiment

I'm so clever, sometimes, I just kill me...

I wrote the other day about using baking soda and apple cider vinegar instead of shampoo and conditioner so that my abundant natural oils can stop being so abundant. I've been doing it for two days, now, and so far, so good!

I think I'm going to need to get a haircut in order to truly assess the difference. I have a lot of frizziness going on at the ends of my hair. It's been a while since my last hair cut (a while, like 6 months!) so I don't think I can blame the "no poo." I think the conditioner in the Fructis 2 in 1 I was using was actually sticking my hairs to each other or maybe to themselves, and causing it to look less damaged than it is. Now that it's not sticky, it looks damaged. But that's an easy fix.

Any cute summer haircut suggestions for a person with a very round face?

In other beauty news, have you ever tried an aspirin facial? No, I'm not kidding. You dissolve 6 uncoated aspirin in a few drops of water, and smash them until you have a paste. Then you put it on your face and wait for 10 or 15 minutes, until it dries. As you wash it off, you massage/scrub it into your face.

Holy cow. I did this last night and it worked better than the commercial product (St. Ives Apricot Medicated Scrub) that I've been using for eons. No kidding. And a bottle of a zillion aspirin costs like $5. I could do this every week for a year, and still come out ahead. Give it a try (unless you're sensitive to aspirin, in which case it is a very bad idea) and let me know what you think.

No comments: