Thursday, June 12, 2008

What a FABULOUS window treatment!

In "you win some, you lose some" news, both the kids slept all night in their own beds last night. Unfortunately, they both decided that it was time to get up at 6:30 am. I can hardly blame them, since their bedroom faces east, and the sun was streaming in through their window. I really need to get a fabulous window treatment, but the window is a non-standard size (84 inches wide x 60 inches high or so) which makes it virtually impossible to find any off-the-shelf blinds for it.

It's never really mattered, because by the time dawn came along, they've always migrated to our room on the west side of the house. If they're going to start sleeping through the night, though, I might have to figure something out to keep the light out in the morning.

BJ has been working just a ton this week. He has a client in from out of town (who leaves today) and they've been pulling long hours at the lab. He didn't get home until after midnight last night. I know it's hard on him, but since this is my blog, I am going to take the opportunity to complain about how hard it is to parent two mildly sick kids (Claire woke up with the fever this morning, but seems to be doing ok now) alone when one is also coming down sick, oneself. *insert whine here*

Gosh, I thought that would make me feel better, but it didn't.

I was talking to Grandma Susan yesterday and she said that we really seemed to be getting sick often this year. I told her, "No, I just complain more than the average mom." It's just normal small child stuff. Stomach bugs and respiratory bugs and whatnot... I usually get something this time of year, thanks to the cottonwood trees. They should be outlawed, those cottonwood trees. Where is the Onceler when you need him? Surely he could think of something to do with them. Maybe a thneed.

I need a nap.

2 comments:

Rob Monroe said...

We went to a party at Abby's daycare yesterday and almost all of them were sniffly. Kids will be kids!

Anonymous said...

You should consider the inexpensive option demonstrated in the link at the bottom of this comment. It involves mending a non-custom window treatment to achieve the custom look. It really is a pretty simple project. You can find instructions at the following location if you're interested: inexpensive custom window treatment project
Good luck!