Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

I want to tell you a story about BJ to let you know, if you don't already know him, what kind of father he is.

Last year, when I was really pregnant with Claire, and Mary Grace had rotavirus, the doctor prescribed some anti-nausea medicine for her over the phone. We were in the middle of a blizzard. BJ couldn't dig the car out, so he walked over a mile in a blizzard to the pharmacy to pick up the prescription, and then walked home.

Did I mention that he had the virus, too? He walked, sick, through a blizzard, to get Mary Grace's medicine. And when she's a teenager and she screams, "You're ruining my life! I hate you!!" at us, I plan to tattoo that story on her forehead.

I could not have picked a better father for my girls. I love you so much, honey. Happy Father's Day!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy,

It's your "Payless friend" here, and I have been enjoying reading your blogs. You're stories are humorous!
I absolutely loved your Father's Day story and unfortunately, can relate in a small way. We have had for the past week and a half an awful stomach virus. So as my husband is vomiting in the bathroom, little Levi is trying to make it upstairs or else the watery diarrhea will leave a trail on the stairs, and I have my little bissell steam cleaner out getting ready for an evening of fun, cleaning vomit off the living room carpet. All in all, we are all on the mend, now that is.
It is easy in some respects, I don't have to travel through a blizzard for medicine.
I don't know if your into herbal/alternative treatments, but a friend just e-mailed me about a treatment she has been using for the past seven years when their family encounters stomach bugs. She said to take large quantity's of acidophillus (sp?)
For the littlest guys, she breaks open the capsules and makes a smoothie. She said they have never had a stomach virus last more than a few hours with that treatment. She also said to visit Dr. Mercola's website and type in stomach virus or similar health issue and he has all the info.
I am in no way trying to sell alternative treatment, but I thought it was interesting, as Levi didn't start getting better until we bought Kefir and Yogurt.
I was wondering if you could do a blog about vaccines and if you or anyone out there feels there is a link to autism, asperger's, etc, etc. I know it is a touchy subject, but I was curious about how some other mommies feel about it. Or what environmental factors might play a role.
Keep up the writing, you definitely have a talent with it.

Your friend,
Jennifer in Otterbein
765-583-4338

Rob Monroe said...

A great dad indeed!