Friday, June 27, 2008

TWO BABIES!

The world is full of pretty babies today!! Not only did my friend Tauna (formerly known as "T" - everyone has already heard by now that she had her baby) have her beautiful baby James last night... 7 pounds even, 20 inches long, lots of soft baby hair, and the sweetest little roundy head... My friend Katy also had her baby, Sam, within the past couple of days. I found out when I checked my e-mail after I got back from seeing Tauna. If I'd known, I would've gone 2 for 1 at Rubia and taken flowers to both of them at once (and I could've held TWO new baby boys!!).

By the way, local folks, Rubia does such an amazing job with flowers, and they are so reasonable (if you get them in the store and deliver them yourself, which is always a good idea because then you get to hold the babies!). I got a bouquet with blue hydrangeas, and they cut the stems short, then had 12 long-stem white roses sticking out all over, with some purple stuff (sounds like linoleum, but that's not the right word) filling in the gaps between the roses. I thought it looked really neat, not your "usual" floral arrangement, certainly, and their prices are so awesome. Karen and I took a class there last fall, too, which was a lot of fun. We were supposed to make table arrangements for Thanksgiving. Mine wasn't quite what I was going for, but it was still a lot of fun.

Gotta run, I'm at work!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Limonium! It's a nice filler flower and a good substitute for ugly baby's breath!