Tuesday, June 3, 2008

State of Emergency

Yesterday I mentioned that I have been neglecting my housekeeping duties because I've been reading a really good book. As soon as I hit "publish" I realized that I have neglected the commitment I made to write a review of Knock Yourself Up by Louise Sloan, and I immediately felt extremely guilty.

But seriously - my house is at DEFCON 1 (DEFCON being short for Definitely Condemned) and I had set aside the next 8 hours to whip it back into shape. We are completely, and I do mean completely, out of diapers. We are nearly out of toilet paper. I can no longer blame the mess on the kitchen project, as the mess has spread and is now inhabiting every corner of every room in my house. My dust bunnies have dust bunnies. It's BAD. It's so bad I'm tempted to call a service and have it done for me, until I realize that I'd have to spend all day cleaning to get it clean enough for the service to do their thing, and it would just be easier and cheaper to do it myself.

I can't even find the book I am supposed to review!

So I'm going to throw on clothes and run to Walmart, to arm myself with diapers, toilet paper, and cleaning supplies. That'll give the AC a chance to dehumidify the house so you don't find me, stroked out, in a bathroom up to my elbows in Comet and humiliation.

When I come up for air, I'll sit down and write the review, Louise, I promise... and I'm sorry it has taken me so long. So stay tuned, kids. It's this kind of excitement that keeps you coming back day after day, right?

(Image borrowed from www.babble.com/cs/blogs/strollerderby)

1 comment:

amy turn sharp said...

I am in the same boat- will you swing by and pick me up and we can do it together- bc I don't wanna!!!!! :)