Thursday, September 4, 2008

Just a Quickie

This is just a quick little update to let you all know that we're fine, we're just busy.  I worked today, and Allison came to watch the girlies, then we dropped her off, did the speech study at the university, and we're off to gymnastics in about 5 minutes.  It's pouring down rain here, and we're scheduled to leave at the exact moment that my shirt will be completely dry from the last time we were outside.

Today is Mary Grace's boyfriend Owen's birthday.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OWEN!  You are one of my favorite kids.  I can't believe you're already three.  Holy moly, time flies.  Just think - 13 more years and you and MG can start dating "officially"!!

We had a hellacious time getting Claire to bed last night.  I think she might be posessed.  She was screaming and scratching at my eyes from the moment I picked her up to rock her to sleep.  Of course, that's unacceptable, so I put her in the crib for a few minutes.  She screamed.  When I picked her up to try again, she screamed and clawed at my face again.  I put her back in the crib. We did this four or five times before BJ came up to take over.  She did the same stuff to him.  Finally he held her arms and legs still, and she went to sleep, but even then she was still sobbing every few minutes.  Once we thought she was really out, we went upstairs to try to find the cause of her hysteria.  We checked her for bruises, bites, broken fingers, everything we could think of, but we didn't find a thing.  Of course (and I know you saw this coming, because you're smarter than I am) we woke her up.  Thus ensued another hour or so of shenanigans, before she put me to sleep at 10:10!  Thank goodness BJ was upstairs, too, to ensure that she eventually fell asleep at 10:30.

The only thing that I found that seemed to soothe her was putting my hand on her tummy and applying gentle pressure.  I wonder if she had a tummy ache.  Something was sure weird.  I guess we'll see if she comes down sick this weekend...

Ok, time to change a diaper and leave for gymnastics class!!  Tell me in the comments - what's new with you?

3 comments:

Have the T-shirt said...

Poor Claire! My kids always got a tummy ache a day or two before they came down with the more classic symptoms of Strep. Hopefully, she doesn't have anyting like THAT!

Heather Bungard-Janney said...

Pressure on tummy that feels good might equal gas. That can really hurt...? *shrug*

Rob Monroe said...

That sucks. Hope last night was better...