Sunday, April 20, 2008

It was the best of nights, it was the worst of nights...

Mary Grace slept from 9 pm to 7:30 am last night in her own bed!

One would think that after over two and a half years of intense sleep deprivation - sleep deprivation which technically would put MG out of compliance with the Geneva Convention if I were a prisoner of war - that I would have had the best night of sleep I've had in a long, long time last night.

Nope. Forces conspired against me. We stayed up until 1 am watching movies (I Am Legend, which was interesting except for the part with the dog. I can't deal with bad things happening to dogs. And Enchanted which was very cute and much needed after I Am Legend). Yes, we're foolish, but do you have any idea how far behind we are on movies? Almost 3 years, actually. And when people start talking about movies, which happens often, we are completely lost. It's embarrassing. So, the movies were homework. Yeah. Homework.

Anyway, the kids still have a little cold from the Musuem on Tuesday (note to self: NEVER forget the hand sanitizer!), and Claire was coughing and coughing, and I kept expecting her to cry, so I couldn't sleep until 2 am when she finally cried and wanted to come in our room. Then she wanted to nurse, etc. I fell asleep some time after 2:15. Then she was wide awake at 7 am.

Of course, since BJ let me sleep yesterday, it was my turn to get up. So here I am. Awake. And I missed the best night of sleep I'm likely to have for a while.

Is it nap time yet?

No comments: