Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Hoarding?

So BJ and Dad and I are sitting at the table talking about how Sam's and Costco are limiting the amount of rice you can buy at a time because people are hoarding food.

BJ said that it was a self-fulfilling prophecy, because if the stores say, "You can't buy this," everyone will want to buy it...

I compared it to a run on the bank, but then said... "So should we be hoarding food?"

BJ and Dad were quick to say, "No," to that idea. I said, "Ok, but if it turns out we should have hoarded food, I'm coming to you guys, because you said no."

Dad said, "If worse comes to worst, you can always eat Max."

"I don't know, Dad," I said, "Max has been with us for eight years, and you've only been here a few months......."

3 comments:

Laski said...

I heard about that--CRAZY!!!

Um. Max is your dog, right? YIKES. Nice dad :)

YOU had the BEST comeback ever!!!

Anonymous said...

There is a lot more meat on the Dad than there is on the dog. Talk about "aged beef"

Uncle Stu

Rob Monroe said...

Haha - aged beef.

I've told my dog that he's the first to go in a state of emergency. We've had to have those frank conversations because of our proximity to DC.

A run on rice, though? I'll have to read up on that.