Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Things I wish I wrote...

Ok. Stop everything you are doing right now, right this very second, and go read this. I will wait.

Isn't that about the most brilliant essay on parenting you have ever read ever? Holy smokes. That kind of stuff makes me feel totally outclassed in the world of parenting blogs.

In other news, I don't want to jinx anything, but of the five people who live in this house, two of them are asleep, and they are exactly the same two that you would want to have sleeping right now, if you know what I mean. And all the laundry's done. And the bathrooms? Clean. Kitchen? Ditto. Toy room? Presentable. I am not even joking. Looking around this house, you would think that pod people live here or something. I suspect that we are possessed. It's. Just. Weird.

You know what's really sad? With the kids asleep, BJ working, and all this stuff done already? I have no freaking clue what to do with myself. How sad is that? I used to have a whole life that didn't revolve around taking care of the kids and the house, and damned if I can remember what I used to do. I remember thinking I was really busy. Hahaha!

2 comments:

Swistle said...

You know what drives me nuts, is when all day I am just PANTING to get TWO SECONDS to myself so I can get some stuff done---and then everyone's asleep and I can't remember what I was going to do.

Heather Bungard-Janney said...

Can I come over and see what the pod people did to your house? Maybe there's lobster in the fridge, waiting for your next playdate!