Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Something to make you smile

I really needed something to make me smile today, and this delivered. Now, I'm not a sports fan by any stretch (mainly because I don't want to spend tons of time and money watching grown adults get paid ridiculous money to play a game) but this is one of the best Youtube videos I have ever seen:



I think what I like about it is that it's pure joy. No one falling off of a roof onto a handrail that he catches squarely in the jewels, no one humiliated, no one's feelings hurt... Well, ok, there's the little act with the knee "injury" but I think the announcers totally called that one correctly. It's just fun and funny and silly, and it's something that the participants will never forget. Way to go, Improv Everywhere, and thanks to Parent Dish for the tip.

Wouldn't it be cool if we abolished professional sports, and gave every school and little league team in the nation this kind of attention, instead? Then I'd be a sports fan...

1 comment:

Brandon Stenger said...

Very reminiscent of their Greatest Gig Ever stunt for which they've received some criticism. I was a fan of IE until I saw the piece on them from the This American Life TV show. I'll have to loan that one to you.