Wednesday, July 2, 2008

But Tomorrow's Another Day...

Thank you so much for all the supportive calls, e-mails, and comments yesterday. I felt better immediately after I posted, and the rest of the day turned out to be not-so-shabby. It comforts me to know that other moms (moms I respect and admire) have felt the same way. We all got through it, and everyone's still breathing. Some of us are occasionally reminding ourselves to breathe deeply, but we're breathing.

I'm at work early today because BJ is in a big meeting and someone had to bring the snacks. I'm hoping to do something interesting with the kids this afternoon. Maybe we'll visit Grandpa Bob's pool.

So if I'm quiet, don't worry. I don't have my head in the oven. (It's electric, anyway...) I'm just trying to remind myself what we're doing all this for. This morning, we're doing all this for the Air Force, and this afternoon, we're doing all this for our kids. If I owe you an e-mail or a call, I'll try to get to it this evening.

Love and gratitude to you all,
Amy

4 comments:

Rob Monroe said...

Glad to today sounds like it will be more up than yesterday. Have fun doing it for the kids. (And try to have fun doing it for the Air Force, too.)

Honig said...

Hi! I'm a relatively new reader of your blog and I'm curious about your comment about the AF--what's your connection? I was on active duty for a while, so I was just wondering. Thanks for the service your family is doing for the country!

PS: As a brand-new mom of a 10 wk old I am well acquainted with the *rapid* ups and downs of taking care of babies full-time. I'm glad today is better than yesterday for you and your girls.

Honig said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

Honig -

We do contract aerospace research through the SBIR/STTR program. When I say "we" I mean "my husband the rocket scientist." I do the bookkeeping. :) We've done a great deal of work with/for the AF, as well as MDA, NASA, and other branches of the government.

Congratulations on your baby! I added you to my feed reader. Your blog needs a picture... I couldn't tell much from the ultrasound.

Which is harder? New motherhood or boot camp? :)

Thanks for reading!!
Amy