Monday, July 14, 2008

In Which I Realize that What I Really Need is Five Kids

OMG, does anyone know where I can adopt a few teenagers? I got a nap with Claire, while Justine, Lucy, and Jane played with MG. Now all 5 of them are on a walk with Max, little ones in the wagon, big ones fighting over who gets to pull, and I'm sitting in the shade in my backyard, drinking ice water and enjoying the peace and quiet.

Who knew?

While it might have been slightly more difficult, labor wise (maybe 5 hours, instead of my original 3 hours, 45 minutes) maybe I should've just waited until Mary Grace was 15 to give birth. Big kids are so self-sufficient! They just need me to drive and buy snacks and make lunch. Piece of cake!

I'd better not get used to this, or I will be so hosed when Justine goes home and Lucy and Jane go back to school.

3 comments:

Don Mills Diva said...

I have a feeling it probably won't happen enough for you to actually get used to it...

just sayin'...:-)

Sarah said...

So THAT's what I did wrong!!! LOL!!

Zip n Tizzy said...

Yes a couple of teenagers who like to babysit would be quite nice right about now. We had a couple of eight year old girls doting on our boys the other day. Quite enjoyed it.