Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sunday Night, and All's Well

I'm feeling much better, thanks to all of you who have checked up on me. BJ let me get lots and lots of rest this weekend, and the kids cooperated, and I keep on keepin' on.

We actually had a very nice day, today. BJ's step-great-uncle Charles turned 90. He's the patriarch of the fantastic family we have down on the farm. We arrived late to a lunch at the church, then went to Keith and Karen's house for cake and more of an "open house" set up. I just can't tell you how wonderful these folks are - they are the kindest, most welcoming group of people I've ever met. We get together several times a year. They're just fantastic.

One of the things decorating the walls was a newspaper article. Apparently Charles' daughter's husband is a descendent of the longest-surviving soldier of the Revolutionary War. He lived to be 114. The article was so funny, it said that he was mad about not being able to fight in the Civil War, because he was 100 years old.

We have a busy day tomorrow. In addition to Justine, Lucy and Jane are coming to spend the day with us. Lucy's almost 12 and Jane is almost 8, and they're the daughters of Brandon - BJ college roommate, our best man, and my new wine drinking buddy starting Friday. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with all these girls, but I guess we'll think of something. Maybe they'll entertain my girlies while I get the housework done...

A girl can dream.

We have gymnastics at noon, and my kids are going to need a nap after that, so if we're going to do something fun, we'll need to do it in the morning. I'm starting to feel like a camp counselor! I'll probably just send them all outside so that I can clean. It's a thrill a minute at the Prettybaby house.

No comments: