Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Night of the Living Babies

The kids go to a sitter (Dawn, who rocks) from 11:30 - 4:30 on Wednesdays and Fridays so that I can eat in peace for a change and maybe get a manicure I can go to work. Today when I picked them up, I was informed that MG hadn't had a nap, and that Claire had only had about 45 minutes.

Uh oh.

We got in the car and MG was demanding Tic Tacs. I gave her two and Claire two (I know, choking hazard, blah blah, try telling her that!) and then pulled out of the spot.

"I want fwee, Mommy! I want one to keep! I want one to keep in my hand!!!" she shrieked.

"You can't have anymore if you're going to scream. I'm driving the car right now, and if you can be calm until we get there, you can have another one."

***insert meltdown here***

"If you put your foot on your sister one more time, we can't go to the fair."

***foot on sister***

"Ok, fine. We aren't going. You are NOT making good choices."

***turns car around***

***insert escalation of meltdown here***

{unintelligible screaming}

I called BJ to update him on our plans and left Karen, our date for the fair, an apologetic voicemail punctuated by screaming. She screamed all through town. My ears were bleeding by the time we got home (around 4:50). I marched her little butt straight upstairs and put her to bed.

BJ hates it when I let them nap late, because it screws up bedtime, but I was not going to be screamed at and held hostage by her sleep deprivation for the 3 hours until bedtime.

I brought Claire back downstairs. She wanted to nurse. Over and over. I would nurse her, then put her down and she would spaz. Finally I sat down at the computer with her nursing to read my blogs for a minute. When I looked down, she was asleep.

Crap.

They are going to be up all freaking night.

Can you say


I knew you could!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

It took me 2 hours to get my children to bed tonight. 2 hours. Ugh.

So basically, you have my sympathies. :| LOL

Have the T-shirt said...

Oh Gawd, does that bring back memories, and not the good kind either!