Thursday, July 10, 2008

Eat Out Much?

I hate hate hate cooking in the summer. It's hot enough in the house, and then turn on the oven to 400 degrees for an hour? No thanks. I would rather just sit here and sweat and be hungry. (One would think that I would lose weight in the summer, then, right? One would be wrong. Apparently my metabolism has gone abroad for the summer.)

Restaurant.com must feel my pain, because right now if you buy a $25 gift certificate, which is normally priced at just $10 (already a super deal!) and you put in the code DELICIOUS when you check out through July 13, you can get a $25 gift certificate for $5. Half price. Or 1/5 price, actually. That's 80% off.

There's one restaurant in particular in Grammaland that my mom goes to at least once a week, if not more, for Tapas.

Poor Carlos. I think telling my mom about this may put him out of business.

Thanks iMommies for the tip!!

*****
The chaos continues in Prettybabyland. BJ has been working a ton, which is hard on me. Justine has been a big help. Her goal was to improve her English on this trip. Mary Grace is helping her with this by forcing her to read Berenstein Bears books over and over and over. Better her than me!

We had a busy day of running errands today. I bought a gift for my new nephew, Blake. Dropped some mail off at Grandpa Bob's (under the door, Dad, don't forget to look). Dropped off a gift at my friend Jenny's for her new baby, Miles (on your doorknob, Jenny, don't forget to look). Went to the big park in the middle for a bit, came home for lunch, took a nap (Justine watched MG while Claire and I slept! Woo hoo!). Got up. Played outside. Addressed the invitations for Mimi's bridal shower (in your mailbox by Monday, half the free world, don't forget to look!). Went to the grocery store. Went through Taco Bell because we were too hungry to wait for dinner to cook (and it's too darn hot). Their new Mango Strawberry Smoothie thing rocks. Came home. Here we are.

My life is a thrill a minute. I don't know why Hollywood hasn't called me to get the movie rights.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too have tried Taco Bell's new Mango Strawberry Smoothie thingie. It rocks. William was so shocked how realistic the Mango flavor was. It really tasted like the real McCoy to him. And for a South American boy, that's saying a lot.

Glad to hear you got a well deserved NAP! Sounds like your sitter is a keeper! Maybe you can get her a working Visa or something. HA!

Love you!

Marni said...

Oh thanks for the restaurant.com tip!

Where in Indiana - I went to a black and gold high school...and the crimson one was nearby...?