Friday, May 9, 2008

It's finally Friday!

I would like to thank the federal government for electing to send the stimulus checks to those of us who selected "direct deposit" and whose social security numbers end in 21 - 75 two days before Mother's Day. Excellent timing. $1800 will buy a lot of flowers.

Although this Mama is weird, and would rather have a really super playset in the back yard (or a new roof, or the siding finished, or landscaping, or the drywall fixed where the roof leaked, or...) than jewelry or flowers.

Because you can't throw your kids out the back door and say, "Go play with my 1 carat diamond earrings and leave me alone!" but you CAN say, "Go play on the playset and leave me alone!" and that, friends, is the gift that keeps on giving.

Originally I said we were going to pay down debt with the stimulus check, but then it occurred to me that the debt is always going to be there, so I'm just not going to worry about it anymore. We're in a lot less debt than most other people our age. So, right, nevermind the debt. They say if we pay down debt, the economy won't be stimulated, anyway, so we shouldn't do that. We have our marching orders. Go forth and purchase!

So, what are you going to do with your stimulus check?



Take the poll, then leave a comment with all the delicious details.

No comments: