Thursday, May 15, 2008

Chicken Kisses!

So, I took the punks to McDonald's today because I figured that nothing would cap off a good day of brain rotting like some salt, sugar, and transfats. Besides, it was raining all day, and we were all a bit stir crazy.

Claire has just recently learned how to give kisses. It's so cute. She doesn't pucker, but she'll lean in and touch her lips to your face. Awww... Anyway, I picked her up and kissed her, and I smelled chicken nugget. Being the completely sane and rational person that I am, I said, "Oh, yum! Chicken kisses!!!" and proceeded to kiss her cheeks and her neck while saying, "Bawk bawk bawk!" This made her giggle uncontrollably, so I kept doing it, in spite of the fact that other moms were scooting their chairs away from me.

"Oh, gimme those chicken kisses!" kiss kiss kiss, "Bawk, bawk, bawk!" This went on for several minutes, until she squirmed to get down. Then Mary Grace took a bite of chicken nugget, and came over to get her chicken kisses. Then Claire wanted more. Then MG. And it went on and on.

Sometimes I wonder if the people we run into in the world think I'm completely out of my mind. Sometimes I already know the answer to that question.

(Image from the completely terrifying article I found here. Jeez!)

1 comment:

Rob Monroe said...

That's what I had for lunch today.... Maybe Abby will get some chicken kisses right now!