Thursday, May 29, 2008

Random Thoughts, with Amy

So, turns out you can make brownies in an electric skillet, assuming that you're not a real purist when it comes to rectangular baked goods. It took eons, but they turned out really well. Thanks Grandma Susan, for the link!

The $1500 gift card I won last week arrived yesterday. Since then I have spent it 100 different ways in my head. I've bought myself an entire new wardrobe, a puppy, a new laptop, an 80 gig iPod at Costco - apparently they're on sale and it wouldn't set me back much at all, but what am I going to do with 80 gigs?, every cute matchy matchy Hanna Andersson suit I have ever seen for the girls, but haven't been able to afford, a trip to Disneyworld, airline tickets to Europe (we didn't get very far, in my head, for $1500)... I'm beginning to think that the potential is as much fun as the actual spending will be. I see cool things on the web and think, "I could spend my prize money on that!!!" and I imagine what it would be like.

I may just keep the gift card, indefinitely. I may buy $1500 worth of Egg Beaters. Who knows? But I'm having fun dreaming!! After all, we were talking about going to Disney before I won (I have e-mail evidence!), so technically I don't have to spend this money on the trip, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have that same problem. I once got a gift certificate for the chamber of commerce. There were 40 different businesses to choose from. I was so worried that I would spend the money at the wrong place that I never spent it. It expired!!

Anonymous said...

Glad the brownies turned out in the electric skillet.
Have fun dreaming of ways to spend the $1,500.
love,
Susan