Saturday, May 10, 2008

And you thought I was weird about breastfeeding...

I am a big pro-breastfeeding advocate, but I have never looked at a wild animal and thought, "I need to nurse that critter." Certainly not for FIVE years. Yo!

(Image from BBC News)

((By the way, I misspoke in my last post - below. Mens' reputations are not the only reason I think abortion should remain safe and legal. Dan Savage summed up my position on the issue quite nicely when he said, and I'm paraphrasing because I don't have the exact quote, that there will always be abortions. Abortions will not end. Before surgical abortions, women ended pregnancies, and making it illegal won't change the fact that women will end pregnancies. The question, then, isn't whether or not abortions will continue, because abortions will continue. The question is, do you want to provide safe, legal abortions to women who seek them, or do you want those women to have to go to some back alley and risk their lives? Anyway, I just wanted to clear that up... Let the roasting commence. I have my fireproof big girl panties on.))

(((I wonder what kind of weird google search hits I'm going to get, using the words 'abortion' and 'panties' and 'roasting' in the same paragraph!)))

No comments: